- +44 1223 766958
PhD Research Student in Inclusive Design
- BS in Mechanical Engineering (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2010)
Tanya Goldhaber graduated from MIT in 2010 with a BS in Mechanical Engineering and minors in Brain and Cognitive Science and Music. Her primary academic concentration was in controls, but through her study of psychology and experience doing User Interface (UI) design with British Telecom (BT), she eventually became most interested in engineering design. At MIT she pursued her interest in Cognitive Science through undergraduate research at the Kanwisher Lab studying the neural basis of conceptual representations. Additionally, she was a member of the pilot class of the Gordon Engineering Leadership (GEL) Program. Tanya is the recipient of both a 2010 Marshall Scholarship and the Cambridge International Scholarship (CISS). Outside of the lab, Tanya is a member of Pembroke College and is events officer of the Pembroke Graduate Parlour Committee. In addition, she is a violinist with the Cambridge University Chamber Orchestra and is a member of the Cambridge University Dancesport Team.
- PITCHER, D. GOLDHABER, T., DUCHAINE, B., WALSH, V., and KANWISHER, N. (2012) 'Two Critical and Functionally Distinct Stages of Face and Body Perception, ' The Journal of Neuroscience, 32(45): 15877-15885.
- WOLLNER, P.K.A., GOLDHABER, T.S., RUGGERI, K., HOSKING, I.M., and CLARKSON, P.J. (2012) 'Inclusively Designing Effective Healthcare ICT for Dementia Screening, ' International Conference for Universal Design, 2012, Fukuoka, Japan.
- WOLLNER, P.K.A., GOLDHABER, T., MIECZAKOWSKI, A., LANGDON, P.M., HOSKING, I.M., CLARKSON, P.J. (2012) 'Evaluation of Setup Procedures on Mobile Devices based on Users Initial Experience, ' NordDesign 2012, Aalborg, Denmark.
- HUANG, C.J. and GOLDHABER, T.S. (2012) 'Malicious meddling or transparent tracking? Telecare as a logical extension of modern communications technology, ' American Journal of Bioethics, 12(9), 45-7.
- GOLDHABER, T.S., LANGDON, P.M., and CLARKSON, P.J. (2012) 'Intrinsic Motivation and Design of ICT for the Ageing Population, ' in Langdon, P., Clarkson, P.J., Robinson, P. Lazar, J. and Heylighen, A. (Eds.), Designing Inclusive Systems. London: Springer.
- GOLDHABER, T.S. (2012) 'Using theories of intrinsic motivation to support ICT learning for the ageing population, 2012 International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces (Doctoral Consortium), Lisbon, Portugal.'
- MIECZAKOWSKI, A., GOLDHABER, T. and CLARKSON, J. (2011) 'Culture, communication and change: Report on an investigation of the use and impact of modern media and technology in our lives, ' Public Report (Long), ISBN 978-0-9545243-7-1.
- MIECZAKOWSKI, A., GOLDHABER, T. and CLARKSON, J. (2011) 'Culture, communication and change: Summary of an investigation of the use and impact of modern media and technology in our lives, ' Public Report (Short), ISBN 978-0-9545243-6-4.
- MIECZAKOWSKI, A., GOLDHABER, T. and CLARKSON, J. [Editors] (2011) 'Culture, communication and change: Reflections on the use and impact of modern media and technology in our lives, ' ISBN 978-0-9545243-5-7.
- GOLDHABER, T.S. (2011) 'A framework for the design of intrinsically motivating interfaces for older users, ' University of Cambridge Engineering Department, First Year Report.
Full Publications List
The University of Cambridge,
Department of Engineering,
Phone: +44 1223 766958
Fax: +44 1223 332662