- B.Sc., Physics, University of Essex, 1989
Ian joined the Engineering Design Centre at the University of Cambridge in 2009 as a Senior Research Associate after 20 years of working in industry.
- WALLER, S., BRADLEY, M., HOSKING, I. and CLARKSON, P.J., Making the case for inclusive design, Applied Ergonomics, 2013.
- NICHOLL, B., FLUTTER, J.A.E., HOSKING, I.M. and CLARKSON, P.J., Transforming practice in design and technology: Evidence from a classroom-based research study of students' responses to an intervention on inclusive design, The Curriculum Journal, 1-17, 2013.
- BRADLEY, M.D., WALLER, S.D., GOODMAN-DEANE, J., HOSKING, I., TENNETI, R., LANGDON, P.M. and CLARKSON, P.J., A population perspective on mobile phone related tasks Designing Inclusive Systems: Designing Inclusion for Real-World Applications, Springer London, 2012.
- NICHOLL, B., HOSKING, I.M., ELTON, E.M., LEE, Y., BELL, J. and CLARKSON, P.J., Inclusive design in the Key Stage 3 classroom: An investigation of teachers' understanding and implementation of user-centred design principles in design and technology, International Journal of Technology and Design Education, 2012.
- WOLLNER, P.K.A., GOLDHABER, T.S., RUGGERI, K., HOSKING, I.M., and CLARKSON, P.J., Inclusively Designing Effective Healthcare ICT for Dementia Screening, In Proc. UD2012, Fukuoka, Japan, 2012.
- WOLLNER, P.K.A., GOLDHABER, T., MIECZAKOWSKI, A., LANGDON, P.M., HOSKING, I.M. and CLARKSON, P.J., Evaluation of setup procedures on mobile devices based on users' initial experience, NordDesign 2012, Aalborg, Denmark.
- HOSKING, I.M., WALLER, S.D. and CLARKSON, P.J., It is normal to be different: Applying inclusive design in industry, Interacting with Computers, 22 (6), 496-501, 2010.
- LANGDON, P.M. and HOSKING, I.M., Inclusive wireless technology for emergency communications in the UK International Journal of Emergency Management, 7 (1), 47-58, 2010.
- HOSKING, I.M., Universal Design: from Awareness to Action, The Journal, Summer 2010, AARP International.
- TAYLOR, M., HOSKING, I.M. and BRAZIER, D., Designing Effective User Interfaces for WAP Services (Chapter 3), in Understanding WAP: Wireless Applications, Devices, and Services. Van Der Heijden, M., Taylor, M. (Eds.). Artech House, Inc., Norwood, MA, USA, 2000.
- HOSKING, I.M., Human Factors Engineering - Man & Machine in Perfect Harmony?, in proc. of 8th International Conference on Systems Engineering, 1991.