- +44 1223 748553
Dr Geoffrey T Parks
University Senior Lecturer
- B.A., Engineering,Cambridge University, 1984
- Ph.D., Nuclear Engineering, Cambridge University, 1989
Geoff Parks received his BA in Engineering from Cambridge University in 1984 and his PhD in Nuclear Engineering in 1989. From 1988 to 1992 he was a Research Fellow at Jesus College, Cambridge, and from 1992 to 1995 a Senior Research Associate at Cambridge University Engineering Department funded by Nuclear Electric plc. He became a University Lecturer at the start of 1996.
Dr Parks' main research interests lie in the application of advanced optimisation methods, particularly Simulated Annealing and Genetic Algorithms, to difficult real-world problems in a variety of application areas, in the development and application of multiobjective optimisation methods, and in the effective exploitation and integration of optimisation methods within the Engineering Design process. He also has interests in the analysis and design of nuclear reactor systems, and in particular at present thorium-fueled accelerator-driven subcritical systems.
- SKINNER, B.A., PARKS, G.T. and PALMER, P.R. 'Comparison of submarine drive topologies using multiobjective genetic algorithms.' IEEE T. Veh. Technol. 58, 57-68, 2009.
- JAEGGI, D.M., PARKS, G.T., KIPOUROS, T. and CLARKSON, P.J. 'The development of a multi-objective tabu search algorithm for continuous optimisation problems.' Eur. J. Oper. Res. 185, 1192-1212, 2008.
- HERRERA-MARTINEZ, A., KADI, Y. and PARKS, G.T. 'Transmutation of nuclear waste in accelerator-driven systems: thermal spectrum.' Ann. Nucl. Energy, 34, 550-563, 2007.
- HERRERA-MARTINEZ, A., KADI, Y., PARKS, G.T. and DAHLFORS, M. 'Transmutation of nuclear waste in accelerator-driven systems: fast spectrum.' Ann. Nucl. Energy, 34, 564-578, 2007.
- SIRISALEE, P., ASHBY, M.F., PARKS, G.T. and CLARKSON, P.J. 'Multi-criteria material selection in engineering design.' Adv. Eng. Mater., 6, 84-92, 2004.
- SUPPAPITNARM, A., PARKS, G.T., SHEA, K. and CLARKSON, P.J. 'Conceptual design of bicycle frames by multiobjective shape annealing.' Eng. Opt., 36, 165-188, 2004.
- LI, J., BALAZS, M.E., PARKS, G.T. and CLARKSON, P.J. 'A species conserving genetic algorithm for multimodal function optimization.' Evol. Comp., 10, 207-234, 2002.
- SUPPAPITNARM, A., SEFFEN, K.A., PARKS, G.T. and CLARKSON, P.J. 'A simulated annealing algorithm for multiobjective optimization.' Eng. Opt., 33, 59-85, 2000.
- PARKS, G.T. 'Multiobjective PWR reload core design by nondominated genetic algorithm search.' Nucl. Sci. Eng., 124, 178-187, 1996.
- PARKS, G.T., TURINSKY, P.J. and MALDONADO, G.I. 'Solving the PWR reload core optimization problem.' Scientific Excellence in Supercomputing, The IBM 1990 Contest Prize Papers, Baldwin Press, Athens GA, 1, 281-310, 1992.
- PARKS, G.T. 'An exact transient solution for the forward Kolmogorov equation under the zero prompt lifetime assumption.' Ann. Nucl. Energy, 17, 259-270, 1990.
Full Publications List
The University of Cambridge,
Department of Engineering,
Phone: +44 1223 748553
Fax: +44 1223 332662