- +44 1223 332731
Mr Aylmer Johnson
University Senior Lecturer
- BA, in Mechanical Engineering, Magdalene College, Cambridge, 1973
- Fellow of Clare College, Cambridge since 1981
Aylmer Johnson has been a member of the teaching staff of the Cambridge University Engineering Department since 1979. Prior to that, he worked in the Petrochemical industry on computer-aided pipework design and on the DUCT surface modeller, becoming leader of the development team over the period when the first commercial sales were made. He is a founder member of the Cambridge Engineering Design Centre.
- YAO, Z. and JOHNSON, A.L. 'On estimating the feasible solution space of design.' Computer-Aided Design, 29 (9), 649 - 655, Elsevier Science, Oxford, UK, 1997.
- YAO, Z. and JOHNSON, A.L. 'Twe application of empirical constraints in the design process.' Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Engineering Design ICED 97, Tampere, Finland, Vol 3, 213 - 218, 1997.
- CHAKRABARTI, A.C., JOHNSON, A.L. and KIRIYAMA, T. 'An approach to automated synthesis of solution principles.' Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Engineering Design ICED 97, Tampere, Finland, Vol 2, 125 - 128, 1997.
- YAO, Z. and JOHNSON, A.L. 'A constraint-based environment for mechanical design.' Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Engineering Design ICED 97, Tampere, Finland, Vol 3, 257 - 260, 1997.
- HUBER, R., KIRIYAMA, T., JOHNSON, A.L. et al 'A Design Environment for the Design of Micromachines.' Proc. 9th Int. Conf. on Design Theory and Methodology, Boston, ASME, 1995.
- THORNTON, A.C. and JOHNSON, A.L. ' CADET: a software support tool for constraint processes in embodiment design.' Research in Engineering Design, 8 (1), 1 - 13, Springer Verlag, 1996.
Full Publications List
The University of Cambridge,
Department of Engineering,
Phone: +44 1223 332731
Fax: +44 1223 332662