- +44 1223 748573
- Ph.D. Systems Engineering, Brunel University, UK, 2009
- M.Sc. Advanced Manufacturing Systems, Brunel University, UK, 2004
- B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana, 2001
- Diploma Mechanical Engineering, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana, 1998
Alexander joined the EDC in December 2009 after completing his PhD in Brunel University, UK. His PhD, “Information-Theoretic and Stochastic Methods for Managing the Quality of Service and Satisfaction in Healthcare Systems” proposed the "E-Track NHS" system which looked at the application of real-time Discrete Event Simulation for improving healthcare system performance. He therefore has a keen interest in the use of the systems approach and particularly the modelling and simulation of healthcare systems. Alexander is currently involved in a DoH sponsored project – Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care (CLAHRC). The CLAHRC team is multi-disciplinary, involving the Engineering Design Centre, the Judge Business School, Department of Psychiatry, Institute of Public Health in the University of Cambridge and the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust.
- KOMASHIE, A., Jun, T., Dodds, S., Rayner, H., Thane, S., Mitchell-Baker, A.and Clarkson, P. J. (2011) 'SICK SYSTEMS: Towards a generic conceptual representation of healthcare systems' Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Engineering Design (ICED11), Vol. 4 (pp. 430440).
- Mousavi, A., KOMASHIE, A., and Tavakoli, S. (2011) 'SIMULATION-BASED REAL-TIME PERFORMANCE MONITORING (SIMMON): A PLATFORM FOR MANUFACTURING AND HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS', in Proc. 43rd Winter Simulation Conference, 2011, Arizona, USA.(S. Jain, R. R. Creasey, J. Himmelspach, K. P. White, & M. Fu, Eds.).
- KOMASHIE, A., Mousavi, A. and Gore, J. (2007) 'Quality management in healthcare and industry: A comparative review and emerging themes', ' Journal of Management History, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 359-370.
- KOMASHIE, A., Mousavi, A. and Gore, J. (2008) 'Using Discrete Event Simulation to Manage Theatre Operations in Healthcare: An Audit-Based Case Study', in Proc. 10th EUROSim/UKSim Int. Conf. Modelling and Simulation, Cambridge, UK, April 1-3, 2008.
- TAVAKOLI, S., MOUSAVI, A. and KOMASHIE, A. (2008) 'A generic platform for real-time discrete event simulation modelling', in Proc. 40th Winter Simulation Conference, 2008, Miami, FL, USA.
- TAVAKOLI, S., MOUSAVI, A. and KOMASHIE, A. (2008) 'Flexible data input layer architecture (FDILA) for quick-response decision making tools in volatile manufacturing systems', IEEE, ICC08 mini-conference, China.
- KOMASHIE, A., Mousavi, A. and GORE, J. (2007) 'A review of historical developments of quality assessment in industry and in healthcare', in Proc. 10th Int. Conf. Quality Management and Organisational Development, 2007, Helsingborg, Sweden.
- KOMASHIE, A. and MOUSAVI, A. (2005) 'Modelling emergency departments using discrete event simulation techniques', in Proc. 37th Winter Simulation Conference, 2005, pp. 2681-2685.
Full Publications List
The University of Cambridge,
Department of Engineering,
Phone: +44 1223 748573
Fax: +44 1223 332662