Automotive Design Group
Driving new vehicle designs
The aim of this group is to research the role of interaction design in the delivery of increasingly sophisticated vehicles:
- by modelling driver behaviour to assist the design of inclusive, user-centred interfaces;
- by reducing the impact of vibration on the use of interactive display devices;
- by investigating the challenge of changing demands on driver attention.
The group is currently collaborating with vehicle specialists at Jaguar Land Rover, UK.
- Professor P John Clarkson (Group Leader and Principal Investigator)
- Dr Patrick Langdon (Lead Researcher and Principal Research Associate)
- Mike Bradley (Senior Research Associate and PhD student researching interaction design)
- Lee Skrypchuk (PhD student researching automotive design)