- B.S., Physical Therapy, Kaohsiung Medical University
- M.S., Industrial Design (Ergonomics Lab), Chang Gung University
Wei-Ying Chou is a PhD Student at the University of Cambridge's Engineering Design Centre supervised by Prof John Clarkson.
As a designer, design researcher, and licensed physical therapist, her doctoral work focuses on exploring the feasibility of applying design knowledge in the healthcare system to enhance care experience, patient/staff's health and well-being. She is particularly interested in user experience design (especially for the elderly), behavioural design, and emotional design.
- Chou W-Y, MSc CW, BSc JK, BSc Y-CC, PhD PJC. Using positive images to manage resistance-to-care and combative behaviors in nursing home residents with dementia: A pilot study. Geriatr Nurs. 2016 (Article in press).
- Chen J-Y, Chiou W-K, Chou W-Y, Lin J-D. The impact of type 2 diabetes mellitus on mortality in hospitalized female cancer patients in Taiwan. Asia-Pac J Clin Oncol. 2016;12(1):e75-e81.
- Chou W-Y, Waszynski C, Kessler J, Clarkson PJ. Exploring the Feasibility of Using Affective Pictures to Elicit Positive Emotion with Nursing home Residents with Dementia. Procedia Manufacturing. 2015;3:2219-2222.
- Lo C-H, Chiou W-K, Chou W-Y. An efficient procedure for locating joint centers on 3D scanned human models: using hip joint centers as an example. Journal of Industrial and Production Engineering. 2015;32(7):457-464
- Chiou WK, Chou W-Y, Chen BH. Notebook computer use with different monitor tilt angle: Effects on posture, muscle activity and discomfort of neck pain users. Work. 2012;41(SUPPL.1):2591-2595.
- Chou W-Y, Chen BH, Chiou WK. The interaction effect of posture and psychological stress on neck-shoulder muscle activity in typing: A pilot study. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). 2011;6779 LNCS:22-29.
- Chiou WK, Huang BY, Chou W-Y, Weng HF, Lin JD. Incidences of cancers in diabetic and non-diabetic hospitalized adult patients in Taiwan. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention. 2011;12(6):1577-1581.