- +44 7873521678
Ting-Ray is a PhD Candidate in the Engineering Design Centre (EDC), University of Cambridge, UK. Her research focuses on the use of visual stimuli in participatory design process, from creating, applying, capturing, analysing, to reintroducing and documenting such "multimodel" data in multidisciplanry design meetings. Her current PhD project involves two design cases in Addenbrooke Hospital Neurosciences Critical Care Unit (NCCU) and Microsoft Research Centre Cambridge (MSRC).
She is trained as an interaction designer and user researcher, and has always been passionate about involving users in real-world design projects. Prior to joining EDC, she worked as a research scientist for the National Technical Research Centre of Finland (VTT), and for the User-System-Interaction Unit in Technical University of Eindhoven the Netherlands (USI). She loves observing people and experiencing cultures, and has travelled in 50 countries plus lived in Taiwan, US, Holland, Finland, and UK.
- What Influences Users' Decisions to Take Apps into Use?A Framework for Evaluating Persuasive and Engaging Design in Mobile Apps for Well-Being, in MUM(Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia)2012
- Persuasive Design in Mobile Application for Mental Well-Being: Multidisciplinary Expert Review, in MobiHealth conference 2012
- Participatory Diagramming and Graphic Elicitation in Co-creating Traumatic Brain Injury Diagnosis platform, in Participatory Design Conference (PDC) 2012
- Keynote, Mobility, a Major Influence for User-Driven Innovation, Snderborg, Denmark, 2011
- Three User-Driven Innovation methods to Co-envisioning Cloud Servicesfull paper submitted to Interact 2011, with Dr. Eija Kaasinen. (case studies: brain-storming + focus group, open-web-lab, living lab)
- Behand: Augmented Virtuality Gestural Interaction for Mobile Phones(team) at MobileCHI 2010
- "Violent Video Games: Changes in non-verbal behavior and short-term effects on valence and arousal" (team) at Interaction Design Association (IxDA) Conference: Interaction09 | South America.
- Effects of Display Design Features on Visitors Behavior in a Museum Setting at the Environmental Design Research Association 40thAnnual Conference(EDRA40), Kansas City,with Prof.Rashid, KU, 2009
- Design for Wellness, a Cost-effective Prototyping Tool for Participatory Design of Exam Room in 2 Hospitals poster at EDRA40, with Prof. Kent Spreckelmeyer, KU, 2009
- Space, Networking, and Workplace Outcomes at the Environmental Design Research Association 39th Annual Conference, May 28thJune 2nd, Veracruz, Mexico, with Prof. Rashid,2008
- Exam Room Mock-Up: Prototyping for Design and Communication with Physicians at the Emergency Department of the Future: Design and Operation, July 30th-August 1st, Harvard University Graduate School of Design, Cambridge, MA. with Frank Zilm, Frank Zilm & Associates, Inc, 2007
Full Publications List
The University of Cambridge,
Department of Engineering,
Phone: +44 7873521678
Fax: +44 1223 332662