- +44 1223 766962
Emilene Zitkus Andrade
PhD Research Student in Inclusive Design
- BA in Industrial Design, State University of Sao Paulo UNESP, 2001.
- MSc in Human Factors for Inclusive Design, Loughborough University, 2007.
After graduating she worked as product designer over six years, when she participated in several projects for itautec. After her MSc she worked for Ford of Europe where she gained experience with simulation and ergonomics. Emilene is a researcher at the Engineering Design Centre supervised by Professor John Clarkson and Dr Patrick Langdon. Her research interests are in industrial design practice and inclusive design, particularly in accessibility and usability of products for elderly and disabled people. Emilene's PhD is investigating ways to supply designers with information about inclusion, which is based on an understanding of industrial designers methods and practice. The intention is to implement the design process to achieve more inclusion in new concept designs.
- Zitkus, E, Langdon, P & Clarkson, P J (2013) 'Inclusive Design Advisor: understanding the design practice before developing inclusivity tools' ' in Journal of Usability Studies (tbp).
- Zitkus, E, Langdon, P & Clarkson, P J (2013) 'Reasoning before testing the hypothesis: how to preserve the reality of the industrial context. ' In 19th International Conference on Engineering Design (ICED'13), Seoul, Korea (tbp).
- Zitkus, E, Langdon, & Clarkson, P J (2013) 'A Conceptual Client-Designer Framework: inspiring the development of inclusive design interactive techniques. ' In Universal Access in Human-Computer Interaction. Springer Berlin Heidelberg (tbp).
- Zitkus, E, Langdon, P & Clarkson, P J (2013) 'The limits of inclusive design in the current design practice ' In Sustainable Intelligent Manufacturing Conference (SIM2013), Lisbon, Portugal (tbp).
- Zitkus, E, Langdon, P & Clarkson, P J (2013) 'Challenges faced by clients and designers: strategic phases for inclusive design adoption ' In Include 2013 Conference, Hong Kong (tbp).
- Zitkus, E, Langdon, P & Clarkson, P J (2012) 'Can computer graphic systems be used to inform designers about inclusivity?' in 12th International Design Conference proceedings (DESIGN 2012), Dubrovnik, Croatia, (In press) Available <a href="http://www-edc.eng.cam.ac.uk/~ez232/Zitkus_et_al_DESIGN2012.pdf"> here</a>
- Zitkus, E, Langdon, P & Clarkson, P J (2012) 'Design Advisor: How to Supply Designers with Knowledge about Inclusion?' in J Clarkson, P Langdon, P Robinson, J Lazar & A Heylighen (eds), in Designing Inclusive Systems, Springer, London. Available from <a href="http://www.springerlink.com/content/m63g5263p8020066/"> Springer</a> or Available <a href="http://www-edc.eng.cam.ac.uk/~ez232/Zitkusetal_SV.pdf"> old version</a>
- Zitkus, E, Langdon, P & Clarkson, P J (2012) 'How to support designers effectively with Knowledge about accessibility and inclusion?' BR Press, Sao Paulo, Brazil, ICDHS 2012 - Design Frontiers: territories,concepts, technologies - 8th Conference of the International Committee for Design History and Design Studies 1, 257-264. Available <a href="http://www-edc.eng.cam.ac.uk/~ez232/Zitkus_et_al_ICDHS-2012.pdf"> here</a>
- Zitkus, E (2011) 'Towards interactive techniques to supply designers with knowledge about inclusion.' First Year Report. Available by request.
- Zitkus, E, Langdon, P & Clarkson, P J (2011) 'Accessibility Evaluation: assistive tools for design activity in product development.' IST Press, Leiria, Portugal, SIM Conference Proceedings, 1, 659-670. Available <a href="http://www-edc.eng.cam.ac.uk/~ez232/Zitkus_et_al_2011_Accessibility_evaluation_tools.pdf"> here</a>
Full Publications List
The University of Cambridge,
Department of Engineering,
Phone: +44 1223 766962
Fax: +44 1223 332662