Information for users
CAM is a software platform with functionality that is organised into toolboxes. Each toolbox provides features for modelling and analysing the dependencies in certain types of system. For instance, some toolboxes were created to model products, others to model processes.
CAM documentation is organised into toolbox-specific documentation and platform documentation:
General platform documentation
General platform documentation is relevant to many, or all toolboxes:
- How information is organised in CAM - Workspaces, workbooks and worksheets
- Working with views of a model (including how to use the diagram, network and matrix views)
- Creating charts and exporting simulation datasets
- Creating simulation experiments, and setting up CAM for distributed computing
- Creating high-resolution (vector) graphics for Microsoft Office, etc
Toolboxes are selected when creating a new workbook, by selecting the corresponding Model type in the appropriate drop-down list. A workspace can contain multiple models, each associated with a particular toolbox.