Books and Tools
The majority of the books below can be ordered directly from
the EDC by using the following order
The EDC is keen to develop software tools as an integral part of its research programme, both to support the research and to provide effective tools for industry. Historically, the EDC has been very successful with its contribution to the development of the Cambridge Engineering Selector, now marketed by a spin-off company, Granta Design. More recent developments include the creation of advanced CAD tools for architects, optimisation tools for structural design and assessment tools to support Inclusive Design.
Process Management / Change Management
- Design Process Improvement: A Review of Current Practice
- Managing Complexity by Modelling Dependencies: Proceedings of the 12th International DSM Conference
- Modelling and Management of Engineering Processes
Cambridge Advanced Modeller is a software tool for building and analysing models of complex systems such as products, processes and organisations.
- Design for Patient Safety
- Good Design Practice for Medical Devices and Equipment - A Framework
- Good Design Practice for Medical Devices and Equipment - Requirements Capture
- Good Design Practice for Medical Devices and Equipment - Design Verification
- Modelling and Simulation Techniques for Supporting Healthcare Decision Making - A Selection Framework
- Design for Patient Safety - A System-wide Design-led Approach to Tackling Patient Safety in the NHS
- Inclusive design: Design for the whole population
- Countering design exclusion: An introduction to inclusive design
- Designing a More Inclusive World
- Designing Accessible Technology
- Designing Inclusive Futures
- Designing Inclusive Interactions
- Designing Inclusive Systems
- Inclusive Design Toolkit
- Design for Inclusivity
About i~design cards
- Inclusive Design Toolkit
The Inclusive Design Toolkit
- Materials and Design
- Metal Foams - A Design Guide
A software database system for computer-assisted selection of materials, manufacturing processes, structural sections, and other variables in engineering design.
- Designing for Low Volume Production
- Culture, Communication and Change: Summary of an investigation of the use and impact of modern media and technology in our lives
- Culture, Communication and Change: Report on an investigation of the use and impact of modern media and technology in our lives
- Culture, Communication and Change: Reflections on the use and impact of modern media and technology in our lives
- Ageing, Adaption and Accessibility: Time for the Inclusive Revolution!
The following report is free to download.